Instructions to Authors(revised in 2018)
The Journal of The Japanese Paediatric Orthopaedic Association welcomes original articles in English that contribute to paediatric orthopaedic problems and advances in patient care. Original manuscripts (those not published elsewhere except in abstract form) will be accepted from all countries, subject to peer review by the Editors and Editorial Board. Published articles, including figures, become the property of the journal.
Submit four complete sets of each manuscript with tables, illustrations, and photos, in English. These data should be recorded in compact disc or submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted manuscripts may be revised by the editors without any notice prior to publication.
Form of manuscripts.
* The first title page of each manuscript should include the article title, authors names and affiliations, name, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address of the person to whom proofs and reprints should be addressed, and up to five key words. Indicate specific affiliations of each author.
* The page following the title page should include a brief abstract of up to 200 words describing the purpose, study design, results, conclusions and clinical relevance of the study.
* The text of the manuscript should follow this sequence: Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgements, Reference, Tables, and Figure legends. The text must be in double-spaced, typewritten form with a 2.5-cm (1-inch) left margin. The length for articles (includes abstract and references) should not exceed 10 double-spaced pages.
* Tables should be typed neatly, each on a separate sheet, with title above and any notes below. Explain all abbreviations.
* Illustrations can be graphs, drawings, and photos. The number of figures and tables together should be limited to 10. They should be numbered in the order they appear in the text, unmounted, identified on the back with the manuscript title and their tops plainly marked, and cited in text by number. All illustrations should be glossy prints of professional quality. Color illustrations will not be accepted. Gray scale images should be jpeg format with resolution of 300 dpi. It is recommended that each individual figure file does not exceed 2 MB and that the combined size of all the files for submission does not exceed 5MB.
* Figure legends should appear on a single page at the back of the manuscript. Each figure should have a separate, fully explicit legend; all sections of the figure and all abbreviations and symbols should be clearly defined.
* References are to be numbered alphabetically and cited in text by superscript number. The reference section should be typed double-spaced, following the sample formats given below. The number of references should not exceed 10. Abbreviation journal titles according to the abbreviations approved by Index Medicus. Give complete information for each reference, including titles of journal articles, names of all authors when there are three or fewer (when four or more, list the first three authors followed by “et al”), and inclusive pagination.
- Aronson DD, Zak PJ, Lee CL et al: Posterior transfer of the adductors in children who have cerebral palsy. A long term study. J Bone Joint Surg 73-A : 59-65, 1991.
- Kruse RW, Bowen JR, Heinhoff S : Oblique tibial osteotomy in the correction of tibial deformity in children. J Pediatr Orthop 9 : 476-482, 1989.
- Tachdjian MO : Pediatric Orthopedics, Saunders. Philadelphia, 769-856, 1972.
- Ogden JA : The uniqueness of growing bone. In Fractures in Children (Rockwood CA et al edt), Lippincott, Philadelphia, 1-86, 1972.
Address for Contributions
The Japanese Paediatric Orthopaedic Association office, 2-40-8 TH bldg. 2F, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo (113-0033); tel: +81 – 3 – 5803 – 7071, fax: +81-3-5803-7072